Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MS Word will not save word .docx document after editing - Mac OS Catalina, Word 16.43

Hi. I have been using MS Word for Mac for years, don't usually have any problems. Currently version 16.43 (Build 20110804) running on Catalina 10.15.7.

A .docx document I have downloaded and edited refuses to save to any local disk or one-drive. As far as I can see it is not write protected and Word has write access to the disks. Autosave will not save to any location I set for it either. The 'save as' creates an empty 0 bytes document with any name/directory I set but says it cannot save the document there. The "do you want to save your changes" when trying to close Word has the same problem. Anyone else had this (I believe a great many people have)?

Any help much appreciated.

Posted on Jun 21, 2022 8:32 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 21, 2022 10:51 AM

Word is at v16.62 at the moment. I recommend that you update Word from 16.43 and see if the issue you presently have disappears. If there are any pending Catalina Security Updates, apply them too.

Similar questions

1 reply

MS Word will not save word .docx document after editing - Mac OS Catalina, Word 16.43

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.