Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I can't send photos and messages

I can't send photo and messages on phone

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPhone 8

Posted on Aug 29, 2019 2:59 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 29, 2019 3:13 PM

If you mean:

• You cannot send a photo using the Messages application; and
  • You are trying to send this photo to another cellular telephone using your cellular carrier's methods - then

You are attempting to send an MMS message using your cellular carrier. Doing this requires both of the following:

• Settings > Messages > MMS Messaging = "On"; and
  • Your cellular carrier authorizes your account to use MMS messaging. This may cost extra.

13 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 29, 2019 3:13 PM in response to lenore359

If you mean:

• You cannot send a photo using the Messages application; and
  • You are trying to send this photo to another cellular telephone using your cellular carrier's methods - then

You are attempting to send an MMS message using your cellular carrier. Doing this requires both of the following:

• Settings > Messages > MMS Messaging = "On"; and
  • Your cellular carrier authorizes your account to use MMS messaging. This may cost extra.

Oct 27, 2019 11:14 AM in response to Pksey23

Since updating to the new iOS 13.1.3 I cannot send any photos in messages. Among other issues!! I don’t like this new update!!! But from what I can find I also cannot downgrade to another version!!! MMS on etc nothing helps!!! And yes I can send MMS with my carrier!! I’m NOT a happy iPhone user right now!!! Apple you need to fix this issue ASAP !!!!

Nov 12, 2019 6:35 PM in response to Tlcowles68

I have the exact same issue. Now, after upgrading to 13.1, none of my devices (iPhone, iPad and Mac) can send texts with photos. I can't reply to existing group messages. I also can't send a text with a picture to an Android user. Everything worked just fine before the upgrade. MMS is on, carrier (Verizon) says I can send MMS. Nothing changed except for the the iOS upgrade.

Apple, please help!

Nov 13, 2019 1:02 AM in response to sberman

I have of course upgraded to 13.2.2. No change-still cannot reply to text conversations that include Android phones or send photos (via text) to Android phones. This includes my iPhone, my iPad and my MacBook Pro. It’s got to be a configuration setting somewhere, because until recently this all worked, and I didn’t change anything that I know of.

Dec 29, 2019 8:26 AM in response to sberman

Found it. It was due to swapping out my Sim card for a Google Fi card while we traveled in Europe. You have to change your APN settings for Google to work on an iPhone. I neglected to swap the settings back to their original (Verizon) settings when I put my Verizon card back in. Fortunately I still have the Google Fi sim, and I wrote down the original settings.

Once I put the Google Fi sim back in, changed the settings back (because those settings are ONLY exposed when you put the Google Fi card in, you don't see them with the Verizon sim card) and re-inserted the Verizon Sim card, all worked.

(Google Fi is good technology for when you travel, btw. One Sim card for pretty much the entire world and one reasonable price, especially compared to Verizon's horrible "use your home Verizon plan when you travel to Europe for an additional $10/day" model.)

I can't send photos and messages

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.