Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is my complete iTunes music library available in the cloud? I have a new computer and can'y find my complete music library in Itunes on the new computer.

Is my complete iTunes music library available in the cloud? I have a new computer and can'y find my complete music library in Itunes on the new computer.

Posted on Aug 30, 2019 3:21 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 30, 2019 3:28 PM

It would only be available in the cloud if you subscribe to Apple Music or iTunes Match, and had turned on iCloud Music library in iTunes preferences or you had uploaded it manually to a cloud service. Otherwise no.

If you still have your old computer, you can copy your library from it to the new computer. See here: Make a split library portable - Apple Community

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 30, 2019 3:28 PM in response to suebaci

It would only be available in the cloud if you subscribe to Apple Music or iTunes Match, and had turned on iCloud Music library in iTunes preferences or you had uploaded it manually to a cloud service. Otherwise no.

If you still have your old computer, you can copy your library from it to the new computer. See here: Make a split library portable - Apple Community

Sep 1, 2019 2:39 PM in response to suebaci

You would need to download the songs manually. The cloud icon means they are currently in the cloud and not physically on your computer.

if you cancel iTunes match, songs that are not downloaded will stop being available. So make sure everything is downloaded to your computer and backed up before even thinking of cancelling the iTunes Match subscription.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.