Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

spinning globe no progress bar

i have a 2018 15" macbook pro touch bar. When i am connected to wifi network with all keyboard combinations of recovery key, i am stuck at a spinning globe. no progress bar. it was working the first time with the same mobile hotspot. it took like 1hour to download startup disk. i decided to clone this virtual startup disk on one partition i created on my physical drive to do the instalation later since it will take some time. But now, i am not able to recover from that cloned drive . also not able to do it from internet ( stuck at a spinnig globe no progress bar)

Posted on Aug 30, 2019 3:25 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 30, 2019 4:23 PM

Connect your laptop directly to your router using a USB-C to Ethernet adapter and Ethernet cable. There are too many variables trying to troubleshoot WiFi issues with Recovery Mode (a hotspot adds even more) and Ethernet should be faster and more reliable. If Recovery Mode (Command + R) has issues, then try using Internet Recovery Mode (Command + Option + R).

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 30, 2019 4:23 PM in response to Dycchaw

Connect your laptop directly to your router using a USB-C to Ethernet adapter and Ethernet cable. There are too many variables trying to troubleshoot WiFi issues with Recovery Mode (a hotspot adds even more) and Ethernet should be faster and more reliable. If Recovery Mode (Command + R) has issues, then try using Internet Recovery Mode (Command + Option + R).

spinning globe no progress bar

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.