Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Kernel panics MacBook Pro 2016 running OS 10.14.6

For the last few weeks I've been getting kernel panics about once a week. Here's all I can glean from the Console records:

DumpPanic:

com.apple.message.domain: com.apple.crashreporter.writereport.panic

com.apple.message.signature: Kernel

com.apple.message.signature2: UNBUNDLED ||| ((null))

com.apple.message.signature3: UNKNOWN

com.apple.message.result: noop

com.apple.message.summarize: YES

SenderMachUUID: B06097A7-BC28-3FEA-9B9E-5275DBAD8CF5

ReportPanic:

com.apple.message.domain: com.apple.ReportPanic.matchedpanic

com.apple.message.__source__: SPI

com.apple.message.action: not matched and frequent

com.apple.message.panic_id: not matched

SenderMachUUID: DAAA7123-01B4-3C09-AFA8-0ABC0015EF0C

I'm a little worried, because I'm taking off in a week for three months on an island, where I'll be more than a little isolated from my friendly neighborhood Genius Bar.

What I want to know is: how can I ascertain whether I'm dealing with failing hardware? If the problem is just incompatible software, I don't mind the occasional restart; but if my solid state storage, RAM, or logic board is failing, I need to know now!

MacBook Pro with Touch Bar

Posted on Aug 30, 2019 4:03 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 31, 2019 1:57 PM

Thank you. I ran the diagnostics and received the message that no problems were found, so I'm going to assume that whatever caused the kernel panics was not hardware-related. And I'm going to maintain better backup hygiene, just in case!

Similar questions

2 replies

Aug 31, 2019 1:41 PM in response to RAG

Hello RAG,

Thanks for that info and for choosing the Apple Support Communities. If I understand correctly, you are having an issue with a kernel panic on your MacBook Pro. To help with this, please make sure macOS is up to date, test in safe mode and other steps in this Apple resource on your situation:

If your Mac restarted because of a problem

You can see if you have a hardware issue by running the built-in Apple Diagnostic tool and here is more info:

How to use Apple Diagnostics on your Mac

Apple Diagnostics: Reference codes

Cheers!

Kernel panics MacBook Pro 2016 running OS 10.14.6

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.