Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

airplane mode is not turning off

I put my phone in airplane mode at work to make sure I don't use data and I'm connected to my work wi-fi. At the end of the day, when I turn off airplane mode, the little airplane icon still appears in the top right of my phone, where normally it says AT&T. It'll go on and off like that constantly, even though my airplane mode is turned off.

iPhone XS

Posted on Aug 30, 2019 5:35 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 30, 2019 5:57 PM

Have you tried restarting your Phone? If you have restarted and it still does it, try a forced restart.

iPhone 8 or later: Press and quickly release the Volume Up button. Press and quickly release the Volume Down button. Press and hold the Side button until you see the Apple logo.

There is no reason to put your phone into Airplane mode at work if you are connecting to their WiFi network. Your phone will always connect to a known WiFi network before it uses cellular data,

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 30, 2019 5:57 PM in response to cthomas07

Have you tried restarting your Phone? If you have restarted and it still does it, try a forced restart.

iPhone 8 or later: Press and quickly release the Volume Up button. Press and quickly release the Volume Down button. Press and hold the Side button until you see the Apple logo.

There is no reason to put your phone into Airplane mode at work if you are connecting to their WiFi network. Your phone will always connect to a known WiFi network before it uses cellular data,

Aug 30, 2019 6:24 PM in response to Demo

Restarting my phone fixed the issue, thank you! I hope I don't have to do this each time.

Our WiFi is spotty and I don't always have a strong signal where I am in the building, so I like to put it in airplane mode to make sure I don't accidentally start using data if my WiFi disconnects. Hopefully that makes sense. I was going to turn off WiFi assist, but I do want that feature on when I'm not at work. Do you have any helpful tips that may help me?

airplane mode is not turning off

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.