Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Removing photos from iCloud BUT NOT MY PHONE

When I downloaded the photos to my PC, I verified they were present on my hard drive.

In iCloud, I selected all and then selected Delete.

The popup asked if I want to delete my photos from ALL devices. The answer is NO, as I just downloaded them to my PC.

I am afraid my iCloud photos I just downloaded to my PC will be deleted.

What can I do? I have no iCloud space left and have failed 5 backups of my phone.

Thanks,

iPhone 8 Plus

Posted on Aug 30, 2019 7:37 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 31, 2019 3:32 PM

Hello

Welcome to Apple Support Communities!

I understand from your post that you want to know how to delete photos from iCloud but keep on the iPhone and how to keep them on your PC without deleting. I am happy to help.

"How do I delete photos and videos in iCloud Photos?

If you want to delete photos and videos, you can remove them in the Photos app on your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, or Mac, and on iCloud.com.

When you delete photos and videos from your Apple device or on iCloud.com, they won't delete from your PC. And when you delete a photo or video on your PC, they won't delete in iCloud Photos."

Get help with iCloud Photos on your Windows PC

Let me know if you have any questions.

Have a great day!

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 31, 2019 3:32 PM in response to Cobubba

Hello

Welcome to Apple Support Communities!

I understand from your post that you want to know how to delete photos from iCloud but keep on the iPhone and how to keep them on your PC without deleting. I am happy to help.

"How do I delete photos and videos in iCloud Photos?

If you want to delete photos and videos, you can remove them in the Photos app on your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, or Mac, and on iCloud.com.

When you delete photos and videos from your Apple device or on iCloud.com, they won't delete from your PC. And when you delete a photo or video on your PC, they won't delete in iCloud Photos."

Get help with iCloud Photos on your Windows PC

Let me know if you have any questions.

Have a great day!

Removing photos from iCloud BUT NOT MY PHONE

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.