Related Article: Transfer photos and videos from your iPhone or iPad to your Mac or PC

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how can I keep all my photos on my computer and delete them off my iPhone? My MacBook has the storage but my iPhone does not

I am switching phones tomorrow. I've got quite a few photos that are not downloaded on my iCloud due to storage. I have deleted over 3 thousand photos lol and don't want to part with anymore. how can I keep them all on my MacBook and erase them from my iPhone?

iPhone SE, iOS 14

Posted on Nov 11, 2021 10:41 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 12, 2021 6:56 AM

When an iPhone and Mac are signed with same Apple ID and password on the same network and photos box is turned as on the photos will sync , if photos are deleted from iCloud.com they will get deleted from iPhone and Mac .

In Mac set up photo library and its preferences see the articles 

Set up and use iCloud Photos - Apple Supportsupport.apple.com › en-in

Change preferences in Photos on Mac - Apple Supportsupport.apple.com › en-in › guide › photos › mac

System Photo Library overview for Photos on Mac - Apple ...support.apple.com › guide › photos › mac

When photos are hundred percent synced , sign out Apple ID from an iPhone .

Sign out of iCloud on your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, Apple TV ...support.apple.com › en-in

And sign in with new Apple ID and password that is created with you in the past .

Sign in with your Apple ID - Apple Supportsupport.apple.com › en-in

Then share photos from Mac to iPhone .

Subscribe to shared albums in Photos on Mac - Apple Supportsupport.apple.com › en-in › guide › photos › mac

The Apple ID and password are totally different in iphone and mac if you delete photos from mac or icloud the photos will be not deleted from iPhone .

The invitation has to be accepted to receive photos ( has to be subscribed ).

Share iPhone photos with Shared Albums in iCloud - Apple ...support.apple.com › en-in › guide › iphone › ios

Your previous old photos are in primary icloud account and are not lost as they are saved on Mac .

Hence photos are in iPhone as well in Mac - this method was according to your original title - How do I delete photos from my iCloud account but leave them on my iMac and iPhone .

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 12, 2021 6:56 AM in response to Ellieberg

When an iPhone and Mac are signed with same Apple ID and password on the same network and photos box is turned as on the photos will sync , if photos are deleted from iCloud.com they will get deleted from iPhone and Mac .

In Mac set up photo library and its preferences see the articles 

Set up and use iCloud Photos - Apple Supportsupport.apple.com › en-in

Change preferences in Photos on Mac - Apple Supportsupport.apple.com › en-in › guide › photos › mac

System Photo Library overview for Photos on Mac - Apple ...support.apple.com › guide › photos › mac

When photos are hundred percent synced , sign out Apple ID from an iPhone .

Sign out of iCloud on your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, Apple TV ...support.apple.com › en-in

And sign in with new Apple ID and password that is created with you in the past .

Sign in with your Apple ID - Apple Supportsupport.apple.com › en-in

Then share photos from Mac to iPhone .

Subscribe to shared albums in Photos on Mac - Apple Supportsupport.apple.com › en-in › guide › photos › mac

The Apple ID and password are totally different in iphone and mac if you delete photos from mac or icloud the photos will be not deleted from iPhone .

The invitation has to be accepted to receive photos ( has to be subscribed ).

Share iPhone photos with Shared Albums in iCloud - Apple ...support.apple.com › en-in › guide › iphone › ios

Your previous old photos are in primary icloud account and are not lost as they are saved on Mac .

Hence photos are in iPhone as well in Mac - this method was according to your original title - How do I delete photos from my iCloud account but leave them on my iMac and iPhone .

how can I keep all my photos on my computer and delete them off my iPhone? My MacBook has the storage but my iPhone does not

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.