Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My Mac keeps restarting itself part way through bootup

My Mac keeps restarting itself part way through bootup. Have tried safe mode, recovery mode and Cmd-option-P-R. but it keeps happening and I can get no further

Posted on Aug 31, 2019 5:33 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 1, 2019 5:31 AM

yes to both the above. Also recovery and safe mode methods. whatever I try I just get the startup chime, the screen goes white and displays the apple logo with the progress bar below.

Soon as the progress is about 3/4 across the screen goes black, silent, and then starts all over again with apple logo and progress bar, this continues ad nauseam until I hard restart and fail another way.

Help

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 1, 2019 5:31 AM in response to HWTech

yes to both the above. Also recovery and safe mode methods. whatever I try I just get the startup chime, the screen goes white and displays the apple logo with the progress bar below.

Soon as the progress is about 3/4 across the screen goes black, silent, and then starts all over again with apple logo and progress bar, this continues ad nauseam until I hard restart and fail another way.

Help

Sep 1, 2019 9:22 AM in response to sachalew

Thanks for clarifying the details. Can you boot into Single User Mode using Command + S?

What is the exact model of the computer? You can get this information by entering your serial number here. What version of macOS is on the boot drive? I missed the fact earlier that you have a white screen on boot which indicates an older model computer.

My Mac keeps restarting itself part way through bootup

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.