Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

If I delete my Time Machine backups from my hard drive can I copy my Photos Library across? At the moment I can’t seem to drag it onto the drive it collects the 15000 photos but won’t let me put them into the file I created on the Hard drive

If I delete my Time Machine backups from my external Hard Drive will I be able to use that hard drive to copy my 15,000 strong Photos Library onto it? At the moment I can highlight all the photos on my Mac but they aren’t transferring into the new file I created for them in the Hard drive window. My only thought is that the HD has been used for Time Machine backups in the past. Perhaps I’ll have to re-format the HD and try again? Why else can’t I move my photos? I need to as my Mac is full. Thankyou.

MacBook Air

Posted on Aug 31, 2019 7:37 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 31, 2019 10:19 AM

You will need to erase and reformat the Time Machine hard drive to what is shown in this screenshot:

Now you should be able to copy your library to the drive.

Similar questions

1 reply

If I delete my Time Machine backups from my hard drive can I copy my Photos Library across? At the moment I can’t seem to drag it onto the drive it collects the 15000 photos but won’t let me put them into the file I created on the Hard drive

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.