Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Activation lock show 1*****@1*****.com after just disconnected from my icloud and erase all and reset settings

Hello,

I had my iPad Air working perfectly fine with my icloud account, I wanted to borrow it to my friend, I've removed iCloud, than erased all data, after restarting it shows me that I need to enter 1*****@1*****.com, knowing that this is weird. now I can't log into my ipad even with my old account.

Also in my icloud account I can't find it anymore, I have a mac and it is there by my ipad is not.

thank you !

Posted on Aug 31, 2019 10:05 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 31, 2019 11:55 AM

It appears that the iPad is still under activation lock to the original owner. Only they can unlock it for you from their iCloud account. You will need to contact them for assistance.

ASC - Late 2012 Mac mini, macOS 10.14.6; Watch, series 3 cellular, watchOS 5.3; iPad Air 2 & iPhone 8+, iOS 12.4; TV 4th Gen, tvOS 12.4;  HomePods, audioOS 12.4 and Airport Express w/ Airplay 2

14 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 31, 2019 11:55 AM in response to optimoz

It appears that the iPad is still under activation lock to the original owner. Only they can unlock it for you from their iCloud account. You will need to contact them for assistance.

ASC - Late 2012 Mac mini, macOS 10.14.6; Watch, series 3 cellular, watchOS 5.3; iPad Air 2 & iPhone 8+, iOS 12.4; TV 4th Gen, tvOS 12.4;  HomePods, audioOS 12.4 and Airport Express w/ Airplay 2

Aug 31, 2019 10:28 AM in response to optimoz

You need to use the Apple ID and password that was originally used to set up the iPad. Did you previously use another Apple ID?

If this is a used device, you will need to contact the previous owner to have them log out of iCloud or go to iCloud.com/Find My Phone and erase the device, then remove it from their account. If you can’t do that, the device is useless. Apple will not unlock it unless you have a copy of the original purchase receipt with the serial number on it.

Activation Lock - Turn off Find My iPhone 

If necessary, if you are the original owner, take the device, the original purchase receipt with the serial number, and a photo ID to the nearest Apple Store.

Genius Bar Reservation US

or contact Apple ID Support. They will need to see the original purchase receipt/paperwork also.

Apple ID Support

Apple ID Support (2) 

Apple Support by e-mail or chat         Select your device, Battery, Power and Charging, then Power adapter not working to get a chat option. 

Apple Support using Twitter

Or fill out and submit this form.

Aug 31, 2019 12:20 PM in response to optimoz

It isn't a problem with Apple. The Activation Lock is an anti-theft mechanism. If the previous owner signed out of iCloud and didn't turn Find My Phone off, after you erase it, it is set to the old Find My Phone. You will need to contact the previous owner to have them log out of iCloud or go to iCloud.com/Find My Phone and erase the device, then remove it from their account. If you can’t do that, the device is useless. Apple will not unlock it unless you have a copy of the original purchase receipt with the serial number on it.

Activation Lock - Turn off Find My iPhone 

Aug 31, 2019 10:54 AM in response to Eric Root

The problem, it is still in my Find my iPhone account, but the account shown asking for icloud is this weird 1*****@1*****.com, and it is not my icloud account.

in short : the ipad was in my icloud and find my iphone accounts.

now it is in my find my iphone account and asking for another weird account 1*****@1*****.com, which is not mine, mine is l*******@icloud.com.

Activation lock show 1*****@1*****.com after just disconnected from my icloud and erase all and reset settings

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.