You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

water damage !

Took my phone with me on a rainy day and came back with bunch of problems with it.

1. Both speakers were damaged . (I kept the phone faced down on a towel and that fixed this problem).
  2. Bright purple line along the length of the screen. ( it fixed itself)
  3. Face ID isn’t working!!!!!!
  4. Normal touches are registered as 3D haptic !!!!
  5. Depth sensor is damaged. Not able to take Portrait Selfie !!!!!

Any help for the last 3 points will be highly appreciated.

iPhone XS

Posted on Aug 31, 2019 11:29 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Aug 31, 2019 12:28 PM

Your iPhone has been damaged by exposure to water. These are typical symptoms. As QuickTimeKirk has mentioned, Apple will not repair a water-damaged phone and will only offer a replacement at full-cost. There is no DIY repairs that you can make to resolve this yourself.

5 replies

Aug 31, 2019 1:22 PM in response to praveen-117

It's damaged and nothing short of a replacement is going to be acceptable as a long-term solution. You obviously have board level damage from liquid entry. Even places that do board level repairs would just recommend that you have it replaced through Apple unless you can't do a proper backup and need data from the device.

water damage !

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.