Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I-phone 11 got wet

Hi. I had my iPhone sitting on the outdoor furniture when it started to pour, when I came back for it it was sitting in a puddle of water that had formed on the cushion. It could not of been there any longer than 3 to 5 minutes. Now there is a dark area where my home key would be and it started glitching last night. Including removing all of the brightness from the screen making it hard to see/use. Has anybody had this happen? Is there anything I can do to fix it? I’d really love not to have to buy a new phone.

iPhone 11, iOS 14

Posted on May 17, 2022 2:16 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 17, 2022 4:54 AM

Hello,

Your phone is likely ruined and will ultimately need to be replaced. However:

If you have a case on it remove it and let everything dry out in the air for a few days. Do not try to charge it in the meantime. After that it may work for awhile. Make sure that everything is backed up. See this:

About splash, water, and dust resistance of iPhone 7 and later 

Water and other liquid damage to iPhone or iPod isn't covered by warranty 

Good luck.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 17, 2022 4:54 AM in response to jlea80

Hello,

Your phone is likely ruined and will ultimately need to be replaced. However:

If you have a case on it remove it and let everything dry out in the air for a few days. Do not try to charge it in the meantime. After that it may work for awhile. Make sure that everything is backed up. See this:

About splash, water, and dust resistance of iPhone 7 and later 

Water and other liquid damage to iPhone or iPod isn't covered by warranty 

Good luck.

I-phone 11 got wet

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.