Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Batter Replacement

Hello everyone,

Am using an iphone xs max since one year and thought of replace my iphone battery through apple repair center... i would like to know if i replace the battery still my iphone will be water resistant or not??? Because my friend told if the phone get repaired it will loose the water resistant. So i would like to know whether it true or not???

And i want to know the replacement battery will be original and same as the battery came with my sealed pack iphone???

Regards

Yoosuf

iPhone XS Max

Posted on Aug 31, 2019 4:45 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 2, 2019 6:35 AM

Yoosuf94 wrote:
Hmmm its better to replace the battery right

I would say so. This article mentions broken screens, but it’s supposed to be the same procedure for all iPhones that get service where a screen assembly must be replaced. Don’t mind the language, as it’s really still only a water resistant seal. The seals are supposed to be replaced each time. If you’re in an area without access to this equipment, you’ll get a replacement device in exchange. That device will have undergone this procedure.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-apple-repair-exclusive/exclusive-apple-makes-iphone-screen-fixes-easier-as-states-mull-repair-laws-idUSKBN18Y0BF
In a smaller training room, a technician laid out the tools Apple uses to fix iPhone screens: special screwdrivers for the iPhone’s five- and three-lobed screws, a custom suction-cup for loosening the screen without tearing the delicate ribbon cables behind it, and a press to squeeze iPhone 7s to ensure waterproofing.

Once the new screen is mounted, the iPhone goes into the Horizon Machine, which allows Apple’s software to communicate with the fresh hardware. Over the course of 10 to 12 minutes, the machine talks to the phone’s operating system to pair the fingerprint sensor to the phone’s brain.

8 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 2, 2019 6:35 AM in response to Yoosuf94

Yoosuf94 wrote:
Hmmm its better to replace the battery right

I would say so. This article mentions broken screens, but it’s supposed to be the same procedure for all iPhones that get service where a screen assembly must be replaced. Don’t mind the language, as it’s really still only a water resistant seal. The seals are supposed to be replaced each time. If you’re in an area without access to this equipment, you’ll get a replacement device in exchange. That device will have undergone this procedure.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-apple-repair-exclusive/exclusive-apple-makes-iphone-screen-fixes-easier-as-states-mull-repair-laws-idUSKBN18Y0BF
In a smaller training room, a technician laid out the tools Apple uses to fix iPhone screens: special screwdrivers for the iPhone’s five- and three-lobed screws, a custom suction-cup for loosening the screen without tearing the delicate ribbon cables behind it, and a press to squeeze iPhone 7s to ensure waterproofing.

Once the new screen is mounted, the iPhone goes into the Horizon Machine, which allows Apple’s software to communicate with the fresh hardware. Over the course of 10 to 12 minutes, the machine talks to the phone’s operating system to pair the fingerprint sensor to the phone’s brain.

Aug 31, 2019 4:54 PM in response to Yoosuf94

If Apple or an AASP does it, they will replace the seal and it should be restored to factory water resistance specifications. They will test it on a rig that checks for mechanical integrity. Depending on your location, it might be a replacement, because not all locations or countries have access to Apple’s calibration equipment.

Sep 1, 2019 4:26 PM in response to Yoosuf94

55% is unusual for one year, but not impossible. Apple generally recommends replacement at under 80%

Also, having the battery replaced using Apple’s equipment should mean it’s more water resistant than before the service. The seals tend to degrade over time, and factory approved battery service is done with new seals and a check of the mechanical integrity.

Batter Replacement

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.