Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 12 Pro water damage after Apple Store battery replacement

I bought my iPhone 12 Pro in Fall 2020. I used my phone near and around water and pools often without issue (as per advertised water resistance). I had the battery replaced at an Apple store in March of this year, less than 90 days ago.

A few days ago I took my phone near water for the first time since the replacement and within hours it was on the way to its death. Reboot loop, screen failure, screen flashing, etc.

Will Apple replace the phone for free since their battery replacement clearly caused the water resistance to fail?

iPhone 12 Pro

Posted on May 30, 2022 12:55 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 30, 2022 12:59 PM

I doubt it since it wouldn't have been covered under warranty even if the battery wasn't replaced -- see the following from the footnotes in iPhone 12 and iPhone 12 mini - Technical Specifications - Apple

Liquid damage not covered under warranty.

But this is primarily a user-to-user support forum; other Apple users like you. You would need to contact Apple Support to get an answer from Apple. There is a Get Support link at the top right of this page.

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 30, 2022 12:59 PM in response to aviatorict

I doubt it since it wouldn't have been covered under warranty even if the battery wasn't replaced -- see the following from the footnotes in iPhone 12 and iPhone 12 mini - Technical Specifications - Apple

Liquid damage not covered under warranty.

But this is primarily a user-to-user support forum; other Apple users like you. You would need to contact Apple Support to get an answer from Apple. There is a Get Support link at the top right of this page.

iPhone 12 Pro water damage after Apple Store battery replacement

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.