Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Suspicion of a hacker. Answers would be helpful and greatly appreciated.

I really suspect that my iPad is being hacked.

My iPad has been mysteriously cutting off and on. It would seem like it’s about to go dead but then it comes right back on after it shuts off.

In the past, it would randomly say things like “you have won a $100 amazon gift card” and it would take me to a supposedly real website, and on the website it would say things like “you can spin the wheel to win another gift card”

Also, when I’m on FaceTime with my family it suddenly cuts off without me pressing the hang up button.

And what really led me to the suspicion of being hacked is this.

right now, I made a voice memo/recording and it was named after a Vietnamese cafe nearby. I made another voice memo and it was named after a different Vietnamese cafe nearby. I went to google and looked up why my voice memos were named after random locations and it said that IOS has a feature where your voice memos are named after your location. But, the problem is that I’m not in a Vietnamese cafe, I’m in my bedroom. I’ve never even visited a Vietnamese cafe.

so my question is, are these all signs of hacking, or does it seem like I’m being hacked ?

Another question is,

Is it possible that if I do have a hacker, the hacker of my device was at a Vietnamese cafe, which is why my voice memos are being named after locations that I’ve never been at ?

iPad mini Wi-Fi

Posted on Aug 31, 2019 11:41 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 1, 2019 1:08 AM

Hi DazzlingDmya,

The winning of $100 Amazon Gift Card is definitely fake. The mysterious cutting off and on of your iPad and FaceTime suddenly cuts off might probably be technical issue of your iPad itself. 

Are you the only one using your iPad? Does any family members or close friends have access to your iPad creating the voice memos?

Did you receive an email or notification that your Apple ID was used to sign in to a device you don't recognize or did not sign in to recently (for example, "Your Apple ID was used to sign in to iCloud on a Windows PC")? This is 1 example of several hacking signs.

Sorry to learn about your Apple Account being compromised but pls stay calm to go through the solutions steps in the link below as you have a chance to regain back your Apple Account.

Pls refer to this link https://support.apple.com/en-sg/HT204145which includes reasons as to why your Apple ID is not secure which caused your Apple Account to be hacked, from which points you know your Apple ID was being hacked (signs of hacking) & how do you gain back control of your Apple ID. 

*Note: If the solutions in this link doesn’t work out, pls contact Apple Support immediately.

Hope all these helps.

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 1, 2019 1:08 AM in response to DazzlingDmya

Hi DazzlingDmya,

The winning of $100 Amazon Gift Card is definitely fake. The mysterious cutting off and on of your iPad and FaceTime suddenly cuts off might probably be technical issue of your iPad itself. 

Are you the only one using your iPad? Does any family members or close friends have access to your iPad creating the voice memos?

Did you receive an email or notification that your Apple ID was used to sign in to a device you don't recognize or did not sign in to recently (for example, "Your Apple ID was used to sign in to iCloud on a Windows PC")? This is 1 example of several hacking signs.

Sorry to learn about your Apple Account being compromised but pls stay calm to go through the solutions steps in the link below as you have a chance to regain back your Apple Account.

Pls refer to this link https://support.apple.com/en-sg/HT204145which includes reasons as to why your Apple ID is not secure which caused your Apple Account to be hacked, from which points you know your Apple ID was being hacked (signs of hacking) & how do you gain back control of your Apple ID. 

*Note: If the solutions in this link doesn’t work out, pls contact Apple Support immediately.

Hope all these helps.

Suspicion of a hacker. Answers would be helpful and greatly appreciated.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.