Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Daughter deleted App Store from iPad

How can I restore the App Store? My daughter managed to delete it somehow. From the apple website it gives the option to “Open the App”. When I click that link I get a message that the address is invalid.

iPad mini 4 Wi-Fi

Posted on Sep 1, 2019 5:49 AM

2 replies

Sep 1, 2019 6:02 AM in response to jsamonds

It is impossible to delete the App Store app. It is on the iPad somewhere.

Search for it using Spotlight. Swipe down from the middle of any home screen. Type in App Store at the top. When the app appears it will list the folder name to the right of the app icon if it is hidden in a folder.

If you are using Screen Time and parental controls, you may have disable the App Store which will hide it.

Use parental controls on your child's iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support

Finally, you can reset the home screen layout to return it to the home screen, but that also destroyed any app structure that she may have on the home screen. Settings>General>Reset>Reset home screen layout.

Daughter deleted App Store from iPad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.