Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cannot update to macOS 10.14.6

I have a Macbook pro Mojave and I cannot update. It keeps telling me it has timed out what do I do?

Posted on Sep 1, 2019 9:44 AM

2 replies

Sep 1, 2019 9:54 AM in response to Hbailey735

Boot into Recovery ( ⌘-R ) and run Disk Utility First Aid on your startup drive. Provided you get a green (healthy result), then reboot into Safe Mode (hold shift key while booting), and follow this with a normal reboot. The Safe Boot will be slower than the second coming because it is performing some System house-keeping chores.

Next, single-click on your boot drive Desktop icon and press option+command+i. What are the used and available storage values? You will need at minimum of 20 GB available to update your Mac, connection to a battery charger, and a reliable Wi-Fi connection.

If you have a partial download of the updater located on your drive, remove it before you commence again. Use Software Updater for the update. If that fails again, then you may want the 10.14.6 Combo Update.

Cannot update to macOS 10.14.6

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.