Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Update MAC

When I try to update to the new Mac Os. 14.1.16 it says that my request is timed out what does that mean?

Posted on Aug 23, 2019 5:52 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 24, 2019 8:41 AM

Try it from here, this site uses a different server:

Download macOS Mojave 10.14.6 Combo Update

13 replies

Aug 23, 2019 6:04 PM in response to Taineshiab

When you send a [communications] request, and it receives no response in a reasonable time, that is called a Time Out.

A time out is generally not an indication that what you seek is impossible, but it may be an indication that conditions in the connection to the server or in the Server itself are too busy to honor your request right now.

Another possibility (although rare) is that the Server Address for MacOS updates has been set to a Server other than the standard Apple software update Server. This is sometimes done in a Corporate network to reduce the number of downloads.

Aug 23, 2019 6:48 PM in response to Taineshiab

You asked what a timeout was, and that is what I answered. Your question just above is a different question entirely.

One thing that you need is to be sure that the Apple-ID used to download the base version of the software is the same one you are using to try to access the Mac App Store. Otherwise, you get a message that says the update is 'temporarily unavailable' without any indication of what the problem actually is.

The major version that "shipped in the box" with a new Mac should be tied only to your Mac's serial number, not to your Apple-ID. minor update to that version should not depend on the Apple-ID you are using.

Once you "Purchase" (even for $0) a later version of MacOS, that version and every one after it are tagged with your Apple-ID before downloading to you. Updates are only available to the same Apple-ID that made the original "purchase".

Update MAC

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.