Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Software update times out

I’m trying to update the software of my MacBookPro but all it says is “the request timed out” what do I do? Help:(

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 10.14

Posted on Nov 29, 2021 11:57 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 30, 2021 12:09 AM

Welcome to Apple Support Communities.

First, Shut down or restart your Mac - Apple Support, then try to Update macOS on Mac - Apple Support again.

If the issue persists, Start up your Mac in safe mode - Apple Support and try to Update macOS on Mac - Apple Support again.

You can also keep an eye on the Apple System Status and check it for issues here: Apple - Support - System Status.

Cheers,

Jack

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 30, 2021 12:09 AM in response to Regina2399

Welcome to Apple Support Communities.

First, Shut down or restart your Mac - Apple Support, then try to Update macOS on Mac - Apple Support again.

If the issue persists, Start up your Mac in safe mode - Apple Support and try to Update macOS on Mac - Apple Support again.

You can also keep an eye on the Apple System Status and check it for issues here: Apple - Support - System Status.

Cheers,

Jack

Software update times out

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.