Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Transfer old emails to a new Apple ID

I had two Apple IDs. One is compromised, so I'm deleting it. When I switched to the active ID, I lost all the old email. Very upsetting! How can I tie the old email to the active Apple ID?

Posted on Sep 1, 2019 11:29 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 1, 2019 4:30 PM

Is the AppleID compromised or just the primary email address you use with it? If it is the email address itself that is compromised, get a free email and just change the primary email address of that AppleID to keep the AppleID active.

Change your Apple ID - Apple Support

If it is the AppleID that is compromised, have you tried changing the password and re-Secure it? If having difficulties, call Apple and they can help you secure a comprised AppleID - If you think your Apple ID has been compromised - Apple Support. If it is the iCloud email account associated with that AppleID that is compromised than simply re-securing the AppleID will take care of that iCloud email as well

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 1, 2019 4:30 PM in response to wdpalmer

Is the AppleID compromised or just the primary email address you use with it? If it is the email address itself that is compromised, get a free email and just change the primary email address of that AppleID to keep the AppleID active.

Change your Apple ID - Apple Support

If it is the AppleID that is compromised, have you tried changing the password and re-Secure it? If having difficulties, call Apple and they can help you secure a comprised AppleID - If you think your Apple ID has been compromised - Apple Support. If it is the iCloud email account associated with that AppleID that is compromised than simply re-securing the AppleID will take care of that iCloud email as well

Sep 1, 2019 4:20 PM in response to wdpalmer

You are welcome. If the accounts are iCloud accounts, try going to iCloud.com/Mail using a computer browser and sign in with the old ID. See if the emails are there. If so, select, and then click the below in the menu bar and forward it to the new address. You may be able to do multiple emails at once if you select the first email and while holding down the shift key, select the last email.

Transfer old emails to a new Apple ID

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.