Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to Reuse a deleted Apple ID?

Hi! I had an old Apple ID using my google email, and later on created an Apple ID with iCloud. I’ve seen many inquiries about merging 2 Apple ID’s, and how it’s impossible to do. I understand completely that you can not merge them, and so I decided to give up one of my Apple ID. I had it deleted from Apple’s system. Yes, it’s now possible to do.

Anyway, I’ve gotten confirmation that my old Apple ID has been deleted and that most of my info is now gone. I now want to use that old email and add it to my current Apple ID as a secondary email do that others may find me using that email address, but when I add it on it says that the email address can not be used.

I want to know if there’s a waiting period, or is that email no longer an email I could use again for Apple?

Thank you in advance for any suggestions or comments.

Posted on Dec 28, 2019 8:52 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 28, 2019 8:54 PM

There have been posts by people who have contacted Apple Support and they were told that if you delete an ID associated with the address, you can never reuse the address. You will need to get another e-mail address to use as your Apple ID.

1 reply

How to Reuse a deleted Apple ID?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.