Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to change Apple ID to a previously deleted one?

So, a few years ago I had two apple ID's (tied to two email addresses) — primary one and secondary.

In the meantime I deleted my secondary one (couple of years ago).

Now I'm trying to change my Apple ID email to the email I used as secondary (the deleted one) — and it's a no-go. I get an error "This email address is not available. Choose a different address.".

Anybody knows how to deal with this?

Posted on Jan 27, 2023 2:18 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 27, 2023 3:11 AM

You cannot use this email address anymore for an Apple ID. See this information

No – after your Apple ID has been deleted, you can't use the email address that you used with it to create a new Apple ID. In addition, you can't use that email address with another existing Apple ID except as a rescue email address. Also, if your primary Apple ID email address is with a Custom Email Domain, it can never be reused to create an Apple ID after your Apple ID has been deleted, even if the domain ownership changes.

From this support article: How to delete your Apple ID account – Apple Support (UK)

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 27, 2023 3:11 AM in response to starbug81

You cannot use this email address anymore for an Apple ID. See this information

No – after your Apple ID has been deleted, you can't use the email address that you used with it to create a new Apple ID. In addition, you can't use that email address with another existing Apple ID except as a rescue email address. Also, if your primary Apple ID email address is with a Custom Email Domain, it can never be reused to create an Apple ID after your Apple ID has been deleted, even if the domain ownership changes.

From this support article: How to delete your Apple ID account – Apple Support (UK)

How to change Apple ID to a previously deleted one?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.