Unable to change apple id.

I want to remove my current apple id and replace it with another email that I have. I have followed all the advised steps on the apple support site and I receive the response: 'Email Address Taken'. How do I delete the old id and use a current email address?

iPhone 12 mini

Posted on Aug 11, 2023 8:29 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 11, 2023 8:47 AM

"If you see a message that the email address you want to use isn't available or is already in use, check that you or a family member aren't already using that email address with a different Apple ID. If a family member is using that email address, remove it from their account then try to use it." From: Change your Apple ID - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 11, 2023 8:47 AM in response to buffalotarheel

"If you see a message that the email address you want to use isn't available or is already in use, check that you or a family member aren't already using that email address with a different Apple ID. If a family member is using that email address, remove it from their account then try to use it." From: Change your Apple ID - Apple Support

Unable to change apple id.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.