Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to change apple ID to an old deleted ID?

I had an old apple ID account with a different email. I deleted that apple ID account. Now I have a new apple ID with a new email address. I want to change the apple ID to the old apple ID email that I had. But despite deleting the old account, I am unable to change my ID to the old email address which still exists. It keeps saying "This ID is not available".

Can someone help me out?

Posted on Apr 9, 2020 4:30 AM

3 replies

Apr 9, 2020 4:36 AM in response to asfand258

You won't be able to change your Apple ID to the old deleted one unless you can recover it using your access code and your deletion request still is being processed. See How to Delete your Apple ID Account https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT208504 and the quoted material below 

“While your request is being processed, you can contact Apple Support with the unique alphanumeric access code you received, and we’ll help you cancel your request. After your account is deleted, Apple can't cancel the request, reopen your account, or restore your data.”

How to change apple ID to an old deleted ID?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.