Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

do I need a security software for macbookpro

Posted on Sep 1, 2019 11:23 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 1, 2019 4:58 PM

Not unless your school or business requires it.

If for some reason you believe you are infected with malware, then you can run MalwareBytes to clean the system, but it is not necessary to run it all the time. Just be careful about the websites you visit, the files you download and run, and the links you click on in e-mails and on websites. Whenever macOS prompts you for your password to approve an app, just make sure you take a moment to think about what you are doing and whether the app is legitimate and from a legitimate source.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 1, 2019 4:58 PM in response to eastpoint1160

Not unless your school or business requires it.

If for some reason you believe you are infected with malware, then you can run MalwareBytes to clean the system, but it is not necessary to run it all the time. Just be careful about the websites you visit, the files you download and run, and the links you click on in e-mails and on websites. Whenever macOS prompts you for your password to approve an app, just make sure you take a moment to think about what you are doing and whether the app is legitimate and from a legitimate source.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.