Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

not all ICloud-stored photos transferred to new iphone

Traded in iphone 7 plus for iphone xr at Apple store. New phone data transfer occurred in store. Apple rep said items will keep downloading even after I leave store. I noticed the next day that a swath of pictures (about 18 months worth) are missing - help!!

iPhone XR

Posted on Sep 2, 2019 9:50 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 2, 2019 10:07 AM

I'm guessing this means that you are using iCloud Photos. iCloud photos will only transfer when you are connected to wi-fi. Once you disconnect, it will stop until you connect again. Also, the larger the number of photos, the longer it will take to download. Going in and out of wi-fi will only lengthen the time it takes for all of this to happen. Considering you are describing 18 months of photos, that could take a significant amount of time.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 2, 2019 10:07 AM in response to karenjaco

I'm guessing this means that you are using iCloud Photos. iCloud photos will only transfer when you are connected to wi-fi. Once you disconnect, it will stop until you connect again. Also, the larger the number of photos, the longer it will take to download. Going in and out of wi-fi will only lengthen the time it takes for all of this to happen. Considering you are describing 18 months of photos, that could take a significant amount of time.

not all ICloud-stored photos transferred to new iphone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.