Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Airdrop not working!

Airdrop is not turning on from notification bar and it’s not even showing in settings.

it just says airdrop turned off

iPhone XS

Posted on Sep 2, 2019 8:14 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 4, 2019 12:49 AM

I figured it out. It was one of the worst problems I have faced. And there is no answer online.

so let me explain it’s not allowed to airdrop by default in my case.

so for other people the airdrop option is in settings<General><Airdrop>.it wasn’t for me.

i had to go to restrictions but in new iOS there is no restriction option in settings.

if anyone else is facing this problem.

goto settings then screen time and after that content and privacy restrictions.

press allowed apps and turn on your airdrop!

now it works.

and the thing I hate the most is there is no explanation to this problem anywhere online.

So there You Go!

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 4, 2019 12:49 AM in response to ChrisJ4203

I figured it out. It was one of the worst problems I have faced. And there is no answer online.

so let me explain it’s not allowed to airdrop by default in my case.

so for other people the airdrop option is in settings<General><Airdrop>.it wasn’t for me.

i had to go to restrictions but in new iOS there is no restriction option in settings.

if anyone else is facing this problem.

goto settings then screen time and after that content and privacy restrictions.

press allowed apps and turn on your airdrop!

now it works.

and the thing I hate the most is there is no explanation to this problem anywhere online.

So there You Go!

Airdrop not working!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.