You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

WiFi problems with MacBook Pro

After a recent restart of my MBP (mid 2014 running latest Mojave), the WiFi connection dropped. I went through some standard tests like changing location, checking DNS, etc, and noticed off the bat that releasing DHCP was not populating the IP/DNS settings in Network Settings. Nothing, just blank.

I've spent about 24 hours searching for answers and nothing has worked - I have tried:

• resetting PRAM and SMC
  • deleting internetconfig.plist and internetconfigpriv.plist files
  • deleting SystemConfiguration folder
  • checked proxies
  • checked DNS settings (there are none bc DHCP isn't being populated)
  • changed location and created new location and renewed DHCP (again this is not populating anything)
  • removed all registered WiFi
  • removed all login apps
  • turned Bluetooth off

I even restarted in Recovery mode and reinstalled the OS - didn't do a thing.

WiFi drop down is saying there's no IP. It will connect to my iPhone via BT for a hotspot connection but will not connect to ANY WiFi network - I have tried at home and my office - I have multiple other devices able to connect to my home and office WiFi networks no problem.

I noticed after my initial restart that Little Snitch was saying it was "broken" when trying to launch. I read a few instances of LS being an issue, so I deleted ALL corresponding files (I believe), still no working WiFi.

At this point I'm at a total loss and feel the only solution here us to delete my entire disk and do a fresh install. Issue with this is that my MBP won't open the App Store app over the hotspot on my iPhone - it says not connected to internet. Some websites won't load either in Chrome browser on my MBP through hotspot, like Reddit, but YouTube and LinkedIn load just fine.

Scratching my head on this one.

The reason I restarted my Mac yesterday was to see it would fix my battery warning to (repair), which it did - and my battery seems to be functioning WAY better after the restart. But it seems something happened that rendered my WiFi FUBAR.

Thanks in advance.

MacBook Pro

Posted on Sep 3, 2019 8:18 AM

Similar questions

2 replies

Sep 3, 2019 9:53 AM in response to britblogger

After digging in some more, I was seeing a lot of Little Snitch issues with Mojave. So after my 1st restart yesterday, I noticed that Little Snitch had disappeared from the menu bar, so I tried opening it from my Applications folder - but I got the "Little Snitch is broken" error popup.

Not thinking it was a big deal, I deleted Little Snitch and (what I thought) all of it's corresponding files.

I learned just now that I needed to run the Little Snitch UNinstaller. I just ran it (from inside a fresh download of the app) and restarted my MBP and WIFI FREAKING WORKS!!!

Goodbye Little Snitch, at least until it gets fixed.

This gave me several grey hairs as I'd tried everything up until this point.

WiFi problems with MacBook Pro

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.