You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MacBook Pro experiencing internet issues at random

Hi there! So I recently started experiencing problems with wifi connectivity on my 2018 MacBook pro. All of a sudden, my mac can no longer connect to the internet despite being connected to wifi. Ive tried my home wifi, my personal hotspot, my work wifi, and numerous others. It is certainly not an issue with the wifi as they all work perfectly on all other devices.

Heres what Ive tried so far:

-Disabled all Proxies

-Tried a manual IP address

-Creating new wifi locations

-Testing internet in another login profile

-Testing the internet connection in Safe Mode (unsuccessful)

-Testing the internet connection through Recovery Mode (successful)

-Re-install macOS (once logged back in, I experience the same issue)

-Clearing Cache (Command+Option+P+R), unsuccessful

The last thing to try I guess is to completely erase my mac and start from scratch. I would update, however it is not possible without an internet connection. I was told y Apple that this is a software issue, as the internet works in recovery mode only, and would need to be resolved over phone. However I do not have the means for a phone call. Is there any way I can do this online? Anybody have any idea? I need my Mac for work coming up this week, hoping it can be resolved by then.

MacBook Pro 13”, macOS 10.14

Posted on Oct 26, 2019 8:55 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Oct 26, 2019 9:14 AM

Did you actually remove the WiFi interface and then add it back? If not, try that and see how that works.

Also try to hold Option key when clicking on the WiFi icon in the menu bar along the top of screen (need to enable the "Show WiFI status in menu bar" checkbox in the WiFi item in Networks in System Preferences). This will show lots of extra info that might give a clue to problems - like signal strength, channel number, etc. Perhaps try a different channel and see if that helps in case there is excessive use of wifi on the existing channel. Does placement have any effect or is the MacBook right next to the wifi router? Try the Diagnostic Report option if still having problems. If you have a 5GHz and 2.4GHz choice try both of these also (but this depends on your wifi router).

Good luck...

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Oct 26, 2019 9:14 AM in response to samileier

Did you actually remove the WiFi interface and then add it back? If not, try that and see how that works.

Also try to hold Option key when clicking on the WiFi icon in the menu bar along the top of screen (need to enable the "Show WiFI status in menu bar" checkbox in the WiFi item in Networks in System Preferences). This will show lots of extra info that might give a clue to problems - like signal strength, channel number, etc. Perhaps try a different channel and see if that helps in case there is excessive use of wifi on the existing channel. Does placement have any effect or is the MacBook right next to the wifi router? Try the Diagnostic Report option if still having problems. If you have a 5GHz and 2.4GHz choice try both of these also (but this depends on your wifi router).

Good luck...

MacBook Pro experiencing internet issues at random

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.