You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MacBook Air 2020: WIFI but no Internet connection

Hi all,

up until this morning I have had no issues with my MacBook Air and Internet access via Wifi. Since this morning however I cannot access the internet via my MacBook Air, whereas the Wifi indicator states the MacBook is connected. We have several other devices connected via Wifi and they all work fine.

Since then I have run a Wifi diagnostic report and tried several options. I have rebooted my modem and router. I have reconnected to my Wifi network. In System Preferences/Network I have added another location, I have renewed DHCP-lease, I have added DNS open servers (1.1.1.1, for instance. I have deleted com.apple.airport.preferences.plist, com.apple.wifi.message-tracer.plist, networkinterfaces.plist and preferences.plist from systemconfiguration. I restarted my MacBook in recovery mode, and even there still no internet connection. I enclosed an etrecheck report I just ran. Nothing seems to work.

When I connect my Macbook via Ethernet, I do have Internet connection.

I hope someone can help me, because I am running out of options and ideas.

Regards

MacBook

Posted on Jan 18, 2021 11:48 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jan 20, 2021 10:07 AM

Hello and welcome to Apple Support Communities, Flammkuchen.

If we understand your post correctly, your MacBook Air is connected to your Wi-Fi network but has no internet connection. Other devices on the same Wi-Fi network are able to connect. We’d like to help.

Follow the steps in this article:

Recommended settings for Wi-Fi routers and access points

Let us know if that resolves this issue for you.

Thanks for using the Apple Support Communities.

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jan 20, 2021 10:07 AM in response to Flammkuchen

Hello and welcome to Apple Support Communities, Flammkuchen.

If we understand your post correctly, your MacBook Air is connected to your Wi-Fi network but has no internet connection. Other devices on the same Wi-Fi network are able to connect. We’d like to help.

Follow the steps in this article:

Recommended settings for Wi-Fi routers and access points

Let us know if that resolves this issue for you.

Thanks for using the Apple Support Communities.

MacBook Air 2020: WIFI but no Internet connection

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.