Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Copying Mail Addresses

Any solution to copying the email Address and Date info--without laborious line-by-line or manual copying onto Pages-- on iMacOS Mojave 10.14.6? Highlighting and copying body of the email is fine, but the rest won't highlight, especially date and time. Frustrating to have to commit to memory, or go back and check, not to mention time -consuming and subject to human error. Or being subject to fraudulent use.

iMac Line (2012 and Later)

Posted on Sep 3, 2019 11:08 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 3, 2019 7:04 PM

You could copy the entire raw source, but I don't know if that would be very useful.

I just create folders under "On My Mac" and drag them into those folders.

If you want them accessible everywhere, you would have to create folders on the IMAP server.

6 replies

Sep 3, 2019 5:20 PM in response to Barney-15E

Thanks for your enquiry. Nothing so complex. I just want to copy certain emails. That's all, but it's not as simple as just highlighting the email and copying onto a fresh page. I have to copy the body of the email first, paste it onto a Pages document; then go back and copy the email address line by line, paste each one line by line, then manually type in the email date and time. I cannot just "copy" the date and time, as it won't allow copying at all.

By possible fraudulent use: Copies of emails cannot be produced as proof of being sent at a certain date, if one can place whatever date one wants on an email, then present it as "proof" that it was sent on that date.

Do others not keep emails, and if so, how? Archives?

Copying Mail Addresses

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.