Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't add tickets/passes to Wallet

iPhone 5

ios 10.3.4 (most recent it will run)

Hi,

I purchased e-tickets to an event. I can see the ticket in Safari, and can even see the barcode. However, when I tap on "Add to Apple Wallet," I get this error--

"download failed" "safari cannot download this file"

I found a similar post from several years ago, so I tried restarting with all apps off, and enabling location services for Apple Wallet, but I still get this error. I did NOT reset the iphone, as I did not think that would really help.

Can anyone help with suggestions.

Thanks!

Joe

iPhone 5

Posted on Sep 3, 2019 1:12 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 3, 2019 10:57 PM

You can --> Use Wallet on your iPhone or iPod touch - Apple Support

Add a pass

You may be asked to add a pass within an app after you perform an action such as purchasing a ticket. Or, you can tap Add to Apple Wallet when you see it from the following:

• Wallet-enabled apps
  • Mail or Messages
  • Web browser such as Safari
  • AirDrop sharing
  • Wallet notification after you use Apple Pay at a supported merchant
  • QR code or barcode
  • To scan the code, open the Camera app , then position iPhone so that the code appears on the screen.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 3, 2019 10:57 PM in response to J Joyner

You can --> Use Wallet on your iPhone or iPod touch - Apple Support

Add a pass

You may be asked to add a pass within an app after you perform an action such as purchasing a ticket. Or, you can tap Add to Apple Wallet when you see it from the following:

• Wallet-enabled apps
  • Mail or Messages
  • Web browser such as Safari
  • AirDrop sharing
  • Wallet notification after you use Apple Pay at a supported merchant
  • QR code or barcode
  • To scan the code, open the Camera app , then position iPhone so that the code appears on the screen.

Sep 4, 2019 6:54 AM in response to SravanKrA

Thanks for the suggestion, SravanKrA .

I should have said earlier that I did go to this page. The problem is that the vendor has me use Safari to get to my passes on their website. Then, I am to tap "Download to Apple Wallet." When I do this I get the message: "download failed" "safari cannot download this file"

I am able to see the QR code when I do the above in Safari. Since I cannot add the tickets to Apple Wallet, I took a screenshot of each QR code, and am hoping that will work for me to get into the event. Unless someone out there has another suggestion.

Thanks!

Joe

Can't add tickets/passes to Wallet

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.