Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I download MacOS 10.14 Mojave?

I currently run Mac OS 10.13.6 Sierra and want to make the jump to Mojave. Every Mojave download that I find is a supplement to the base version. Is the base version available anywhere for download?

iMac Line (2012 and Later)

Posted on Sep 3, 2019 6:07 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 4, 2019 4:00 PM

I have this same problem. Thanks for your suggestion, but the reason we're asking is because those precise steps don't work. The upgrade to Mojave never completes.

I suspect we may need to upgrade to 10.14 before updating to the current version, 10.14.6, but cannot find the base file anywhere on Apple's site or in the App Store.

27 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 4, 2019 4:00 PM in response to Niel

I have this same problem. Thanks for your suggestion, but the reason we're asking is because those precise steps don't work. The upgrade to Mojave never completes.

I suspect we may need to upgrade to 10.14 before updating to the current version, 10.14.6, but cannot find the base file anywhere on Apple's site or in the App Store.

Oct 17, 2019 3:51 AM in response to cwolfpack3

Page link for help on Apple to find Mojave download in the App Store (also has detailed information regarding what you need to have prior to installing. https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT210190. This is how I found and dowloaded the base version of Mojave 10.14 and had no issues with the download and install over High Sierra (latest fully updated version). The upgrade link to Mojave in the Ap store that is purposefully placed toward the end of the page so users will read the information Apple needs us to read for a good install. I highly recommend reading through the documentation listed regarding compatibility first, follow the instructions (read what OSX you should have installed prior to updated to Mojave). **** Important - There were major changes in High Sierra. Also note, I am having to manually find each update for Mojave that came out since the software update function is only telling coming up with Catalina and not providing me with the intermittent updates that were rolled out along the way for Mojave. I did find the individual updates, and am in the process of downloading them to a specific folder on my iMac and will need to install them in the order they were rolled out. This is going to be an extremely tedious process.

Nov 28, 2019 8:05 PM in response to Niel

Thanks for the pointer to the download. (It is hard to find.)

Unfortunately it seems that Apple may have to fix something on their end. After the download completes and I attempt to run the installer I get: "This copy of the Install macOS Mojave.app application is damaged, and can't be used to install macOS."

The problem is repeatable.

Direct link is https://apps.apple.com/us/app/macos-mojave/id1398502828

Dec 29, 2019 7:28 PM in response to JumperRider

The link from the page you mention at: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT210190 has the following on it:

If you still need macOS Mojave, use this App Store link: Get macOS Mojave.

And the link behind the blue highlighted text is: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/macos-mojave/id1398502828?ls=1&mt=12

And when I click this on 2 different computers nothing happens. Does it work for you still?

Oct 17, 2019 3:31 AM in response to seanfrombismarck

Follow what Niel stated in his response (back up, check for compatibility, etc.) I was able to get it from the App Store via a link from this site since I could not find Mojave easily in the App Store the first time I looked for it. I upgraded from High Sierra (latest updates installed). Make sure you change any, shut down, sleep or screen lock settings that could interrupt your download and installation before you start. It took about four hours or so for the upgrade on my late 2013 27" iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i5, 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3. I don't know if the specs help or not. I upgraded from High Sierra and everything upgraded fine. I am running manual checks for updates now that I have configured my basic settings and I know everything has been functioning properly for the last 24 + hours.

Oct 17, 2019 5:29 AM in response to JumperRider

Update, My system updates is suggesting I go straight to Catalina, so I disabled automatic OS updates (will wait a while until the bugs are worked out), I did see in small print within the update area "another update is available" and it is 10.14.5 (skipping other released updates available for download and installation for Mojave). Presuming these are the same updates I already installed for High Sierra applicable for OSX Mojave, I thought it was odd that the version shown as installed currently (about this Mac is 10.14 base). I realize this is probably very basic stuff for advanced users, but when it comes to my OS installs and updates, I am opting for the safe route since some of my installed updates only installed necessary components for High Sierra and I will need to only upgrade and add anything pertinent for Mojave. Since I want all applicable updates available installed and do not want to make assumptions about what may or may not need to be manually installed, I have a case # and will call Apple for guidance instead of assuming anything and making a mess of my system. If anyone has updated from High Sierra to Mojave and can provide guidance, that would be great. Thanks much, L

Nov 2, 2019 11:22 AM in response to seanfrombismarck

I have not possibility to download Mac Os Mojave on other pc. Mac is inizialized and it's wait for downloading Mojave SO.

I ask for your help. in an attempt to update the S O I was forced to initialize the Mac and give it from the Utility menu, the Reinstall. IS? the Mojave installation mask appears but I can't install it. Start downloading then inexorably freezes at 3%. More than 5 hours for Download and still nothing. It's painful and very slow .... I just bought it and I'm already regretting it!

Dec 12, 2019 5:28 PM in response to cwolfpack3

If you get this warning: “An error occurred while preparing the installation. Try running this application again,” consider trying the following:

Do a Spotlight search for "Install MacOS". It will find all the MacOS X installers on your hard drive(s).

Once you see it, "Install MacOS Mojave", scroll down to the Spotlight search results to the bottom to where it will read, "Open All in Finder". Select that, and a Finder window will appear with items grouped together.

Look for the grouping of Applications and you should find the installer. Select the installer, then either right-click and select "Move to Trash", or left-click and hold on the installer for Mojave and drag it to the Trash, located on the Dock at the bottom of the screen. If you are left-handed and have your mouse configured as such, reverse the left and right instruction from before. Empty the Trash.

When you click the link to return to the MacOS Mojave page on the Mac App Store, you'll note its button will have changed from "Open" to "Download". Download a clean copy (ideally with no other programs, especially web browsers, open), and the fresh, clean copy of the installer should launch and run without a hitch.

Hope this helps!

My MacOS Mojave install was performed on a Mac Pro mid-2010 tower.

Dec 12, 2019 5:29 PM in response to see-ree-uss

If you get this warning: “An error occurred while preparing the installation. Try running this application again,” consider trying the following:

Do a Spotlight search for "Install MacOS". It will find all the MacOS X installers on your hard drive(s).

Once you see it, "Install MacOS Mojave", scroll down to the Spotlight search results to the bottom to where it will read, "Open All in Finder". Select that, and a Finder window will appear with items grouped together.

Look for the grouping of Applications and you should find the installer. Select the installer, then either right-click and select "Move to Trash", or left-click and hold on the installer for Mojave and drag it to the Trash, located on the Dock at the bottom of the screen. If you are left-handed and have your mouse configured as such, reverse the left and right instruction from before. Empty the Trash.

When you click the link to return to the MacOS Mojave page on the Mac App Store, you'll note its button will have changed from "Open" to "Download". Download a clean copy (ideally with no other programs, especially web browsers, open), and the fresh, clean copy of the installer should launch and run without a hitch.

Hope this helps!

My MacOS Mojave install was performed on a Mac Pro mid-2010 tower.

How do I download MacOS 10.14 Mojave?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.