Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't download OS X Yosemite

Hello, I attempted to update my macbook to high serria and it came up with a message saying my hard drive was corrupted! I erased the macbook hard drive and when I tries to reinstall OS X it said this product is unavailable. Please help.

Posted on Sep 3, 2019 6:43 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 3, 2019 7:29 PM

Option-Command-R in Recovery, and—when that finishes loading whatever the most current version of macOS that’ll work here—migrate in your data and apps.

Alternatively, El Capitan is a out the oldest release that’s readily available, and you can boot and run that or potentially a later release, using a bootable USB installer created on another Mac.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 3, 2019 7:29 PM in response to Macjack37

Option-Command-R in Recovery, and—when that finishes loading whatever the most current version of macOS that’ll work here—migrate in your data and apps.

Alternatively, El Capitan is a out the oldest release that’s readily available, and you can boot and run that or potentially a later release, using a bootable USB installer created on another Mac.

Sep 4, 2019 8:48 AM in response to Macjack37

Do you have access to another Mac computer where you can sign into the App Store using your Apple ID and download the OS. Then quit the installer.  You can make a bootable USB stick to install using these free programs which will do all the work for you. Boot the computer with the option/alt key held down and select the USB drive. Run Disk Utility and select First Aid. Then re-install the OS.

Bootable USB Flash Drive – Diskmaker X      Disk Creator   or use Apple’s method       Create a bootable installer for OS

Check the computer requirements shown in each link to see if your computer is capable of running that OS version.

How to upgrade to macOS Mojave - Apple Support

How to get macOS High Sierra   

El Capitan

Sep 4, 2019 6:17 PM in response to Macjack37

What are the urilities shown? I’d expect Disk Utility and an installer, among otherw. With Disk Utility, erase your internal volume and format as GPT HFS+, then exit Disk Utility badk to the installer, and install. If Disk Utility can’t find an internal storage device, the storage device has probably then failed. Failing storage devices are a fairly common cause of corruptions and hangs and crashes, which then lead to attempts to reformat and re-install. Which then fail, as the internal,storage,dontinues to fail.

Can't download OS X Yosemite

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.