Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

S.M.A.R.T. monitoring has appeared 2x in my Mac top banner?

Hi

S.M.A.R.T. monitoring has appeared 2x in my Mac top banner? Do I need this/is it useful or should I remove it? Not sure how it got there - I have malwarebytes installed, could this be the culprit?

Thanks

Mac Pro

Posted on Sep 4, 2019 2:53 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 4, 2019 9:25 AM

I did say to check with the developer of the app on how to uninstall it properly, some apps cannot simply be moved to the trash and emptied, they can leave active files. Look in the main Library folder in the LaunchAgents or Launch Daemons folders for files that might be associated with Disk drill, if found move them to the Trash and then empty.

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 4, 2019 9:25 AM in response to shivtc

I did say to check with the developer of the app on how to uninstall it properly, some apps cannot simply be moved to the trash and emptied, they can leave active files. Look in the main Library folder in the LaunchAgents or Launch Daemons folders for files that might be associated with Disk drill, if found move them to the Trash and then empty.

S.M.A.R.T. monitoring has appeared 2x in my Mac top banner?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.