Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Unable to find the " virus app "

There has been a lot of virus notifications on my mac for the past two months . Asking for Macfee to be renewd and to click a link to scan ( which I am not doing as I am doubtful ). Is any of the apps below are harmful .

Posted on Apr 4, 2023 8:05 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 4, 2023 8:19 PM

vasanthpeter Said:

"Unable to find the ' virus app ':There has been a lot of virus notifications on my mac for the past two months . Asking for Macfee to be renewd and to click a link to scan ( which I am not doing as I am doubtful ). Is any of the apps below are harmful ."

-------

Thank you for the screenshot.

Troubleshooting Virus Popups:

A. Scan your Mac for Malware: 

Use MalwareBytes for Mac --- This is software that searches for malware/adware. So, scan with it and then remove what is found. Once removed, uninstall MalwareBytes for Mac. Then restart the Mac.

Downloads:

1. Malwarebytes Anti-Malware for Mac
  2. Malwarebytes Uninstaller

B. Single-Out this User:

What happens when you create a new Administrator user? Does this all go away? If so, it's an issue within your current user --and not the entire macOS.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 4, 2023 8:19 PM in response to vasanthpeter

vasanthpeter Said:

"Unable to find the ' virus app ':There has been a lot of virus notifications on my mac for the past two months . Asking for Macfee to be renewd and to click a link to scan ( which I am not doing as I am doubtful ). Is any of the apps below are harmful ."

-------

Troubleshooting Virus Popups:

A. Scan your Mac for Malware: 

Use MalwareBytes for Mac --- This is software that searches for malware/adware. So, scan with it and then remove what is found. Once removed, uninstall MalwareBytes for Mac. Then restart the Mac.

Downloads:

1. Malwarebytes Anti-Malware for Mac
  2. Malwarebytes Uninstaller

B. Single-Out this User:

What happens when you create a new Administrator user? Does this all go away? If so, it's an issue within your current user --and not the entire macOS.

Apr 4, 2023 8:48 PM in response to vasanthpeter

vasanthpeter Said:

"Unable to find the ' virus app ': Thank you for your prompt reply. I did try now, But still it reoccurs. Please help[...]"

-------

You are welcome.

So, any issue with creating a new user?

Boot in Safe Mode:

In Safe ModeLogin Items do not run at login, certain preferences are set aside, and damaged system files are then reset. So, once booted in to Safe Mode, see if the still occurs. For instructions, go here: How to Use Safe Mode on your Mac - Apple Support

Unable to find the " virus app "

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.