Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I keep receiving virus notifications from indexspotcaptcha.com--what should do?

I keep receiving virus notifications from indexspotcaptcha.com--what should do? Notifications come every 30 minutes. Norton Virus pops up with an alert of 5 viruses. MacAfee notification that my program has expired. (I didn't have either of the last 3 programs)l

What should I do? Tonight is the first time this has happened. My macbook is 1/5 years old and has presented no virus problems.

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 10.14

Posted on Dec 12, 2020 2:55 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 12, 2020 3:05 PM

Ah, misread your statement. You may have installed adware, or some other type of malware that is trying to get you to follow scam links.

MalwareBytes for Mac can detect and remove much of this for you. Not a guarantee it will find everything (or anything at all), but it's an easy way to start. The app can be used for free and is easily uninstalled from its own menu option.

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 12, 2020 3:05 PM in response to 4QAK

Ah, misread your statement. You may have installed adware, or some other type of malware that is trying to get you to follow scam links.

MalwareBytes for Mac can detect and remove much of this for you. Not a guarantee it will find everything (or anything at all), but it's an easy way to start. The app can be used for free and is easily uninstalled from its own menu option.

I keep receiving virus notifications from indexspotcaptcha.com--what should do?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.