Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Call forwarding issues

i can’t activate the call forwarding feature on my iPhone 8 plus

Posted on Sep 4, 2019 6:02 AM

8 replies

Oct 7, 2019 12:14 PM in response to AKGinger62

AKGinger62 wrote:

Call Forwarding NOT working: My carrier is GCI in Alaska. My Iphone X cannot forward phone calls anymore, it used to but quit working, they said they have been working with Apple to try to fix but it has been months now. :(

I need the forward option for when I'm at work versus off. Any suggestions?

Your carrier is giving you the run around. The kind of phone you have doesn't really make a difference. Call your carrier back and politely but firmly, request to speak to actual tech support, often called Tier 2, not just the first level customer support people.

Oct 26, 2019 12:57 PM in response to deron6943

deron6943 wrote:

Such as it seems Verizon and any companies backed by Verizon's network don't have the feature for call forwarding on IOS devices.

If you have a CDMA legacy carrier (Verizon, Sprint of any of their MVNOs), you have to enable call forwarding by dialing the appropriate short code followed by the number you want the call forwarded to. But, the feature is certainly available.

Call forwarding issues

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.