Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

text scaling

How do I stope Keynote scaling my text to the size of the text box? :) Before there was this checkbox in 'lay-out' but it's gone since the newest update. Who can help me out?

Posted on Sep 4, 2019 7:24 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 4, 2019 11:23 AM

There are two types of text box in Keynote; preset and custom

1 - a preset text box has the shrink text to fit option available, they are used in the built in Themes and by selecting the Title and Body options in:  Inspector > Format > Slide Layout

2 - a custom text box does not have the shrink text to fit option, they are created by inserting a text box using either;   

Insert > Text Box or click the text button on the tool bar

If you do not want to use shrink text to fit with text boxes, either deselect each text box used, add a custom text box to the slide, or create or amend an existing master slide using custom text boxes.

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 4, 2019 11:23 AM in response to Dolphinlover1234

There are two types of text box in Keynote; preset and custom

1 - a preset text box has the shrink text to fit option available, they are used in the built in Themes and by selecting the Title and Body options in:  Inspector > Format > Slide Layout

2 - a custom text box does not have the shrink text to fit option, they are created by inserting a text box using either;   

Insert > Text Box or click the text button on the tool bar

If you do not want to use shrink text to fit with text boxes, either deselect each text box used, add a custom text box to the slide, or create or amend an existing master slide using custom text boxes.

text scaling

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.