Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I burn a home movie from iMovie or iTunes to play back in a dvd player?

How do I burn a home movie from iMovie or iTunes to play back in a dvd player? I have Mojave and no iDvd.

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Posted on Sep 5, 2019 8:01 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 5, 2019 8:24 AM

Hi,

You would need to share out the movie as a File to your desktop, and then upload or drag the movie into a DVD authoring program (e.g, iDVD, Roxio Toast) in accordance with the instructions of the program.

There are several DVD authoring programs out there. Roxio Toast Titanium, iDVD Maker, Burn, etc. If you go to the online app store and type in DVD you should get several options, some of which have free trials.

If you Google "Free DVD Burn programs" you should get hits that will list some of the top ones. Most experienced users who have posted on this forum opine that none of the DVD burn/authoring programs out there are as good as iDVD. iDVD still works well on El Capitan or earlier operating systems if you have one of those operating systems. Then if you can get iDVD on Amazon as part of the iLife '09 or iLife '11 package that might be one way to go. iDVD is dysfunctional on Mojave and won't work at all on the upcoming release of Catalina.

-- Rich

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 5, 2019 8:24 AM in response to IAPianoGuy

Hi,

You would need to share out the movie as a File to your desktop, and then upload or drag the movie into a DVD authoring program (e.g, iDVD, Roxio Toast) in accordance with the instructions of the program.

There are several DVD authoring programs out there. Roxio Toast Titanium, iDVD Maker, Burn, etc. If you go to the online app store and type in DVD you should get several options, some of which have free trials.

If you Google "Free DVD Burn programs" you should get hits that will list some of the top ones. Most experienced users who have posted on this forum opine that none of the DVD burn/authoring programs out there are as good as iDVD. iDVD still works well on El Capitan or earlier operating systems if you have one of those operating systems. Then if you can get iDVD on Amazon as part of the iLife '09 or iLife '11 package that might be one way to go. iDVD is dysfunctional on Mojave and won't work at all on the upcoming release of Catalina.

-- Rich

How do I burn a home movie from iMovie or iTunes to play back in a dvd player?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.