Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

itunes cant re-add music from itunes to iphone after it was deleted directly from iphone

Using iphone 8 iOS 12.4.1 and latest itunes on windows10.

I've been getting issues with the music app on my phone after transferring files using itunes. I have a mixture of purchased music through itunes, and also music ripped from CD's. Around 15 albums now have reverted to showing numbers rather than letters, and I now have around 30 albums all showing artwork from Fleetwood Mac's Rumours album. I followed advice from a few threads and deleted the tracks from my iphone, but now I am unable to re-add them to the iphone from itunes. Some of these are purchased from itunes, and when i have tried to re-download them they appear greyed out in the itunes store and I dont even have the option of paying for them again, even though i shoudnt have to!

been looking through the threads but cant find anything that helps, so if anyone has any ideas, i would appreciate it.

Posted on Sep 5, 2019 1:32 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 5, 2019 4:24 PM

Sounds like here are a couple things going on.

The issue would seem to be some confusion about where the music came from in the first place. Have you tried downloading it on both your computer and the iPhone

if not try that, here’s a good article for that.

Re-download past purchases 

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201272

Best of luck

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 5, 2019 4:24 PM in response to sambam!

Sounds like here are a couple things going on.

The issue would seem to be some confusion about where the music came from in the first place. Have you tried downloading it on both your computer and the iPhone

if not try that, here’s a good article for that.

Re-download past purchases 

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201272

Best of luck

itunes cant re-add music from itunes to iphone after it was deleted directly from iphone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.