Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

apple music downloads disappear randomly on my iPhone 📱 only

Hi,

i have an iPhone 6, iPad 4 and iMac with iTunes. All have the latest software updates. I have Apple Music installed on both my iPad and iPhone, and each displays my iCloud music as expected. I’m able to download songs on both my iPad and iPhone, and on the iPad I have no issues.

On my iPhone, however, I find that songs, playlists and artists I’ve downloaded disappear, seemingly randomly, anywhere from a few minutes to several hours after I download them. Troubleshooting I’ve tried:

1. I’ve removed and reinstalled Apple Music, which doesn’t solve the problem.
  2. Also, I’ve compared what I see in Music to what I see in IPhone storage, and the data doesn’t always match.
  3. In case WiFi is related to the issue I’ve tested on data network and in WiFi with no noticeable difference.

i really don’t want to use another service as all my music is in AM including bunches if playlists. But I can’t afford t be using data to stream when I could have played from downloaded songs, if only they wouldn’t disappear.

I appreciate any suggestions, thanks!

iPhone 6s

Posted on Sep 6, 2019 6:52 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 8, 2019 11:19 AM

Sign out of the iTunes Store and then sign back in.

In settings - Music - Turn off iCloud Music Library and then turn it back on.and Turn on “Show Apple Music”

Check other settings:

Settings > Music > Optimize Storage and be sure the option to Optimize Storage is disabled - if you don’t want this 

• Also check if you have enough storage space:

How to check the storage on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch 

Similar questions

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 8, 2019 11:19 AM in response to jportnick

Sign out of the iTunes Store and then sign back in.

In settings - Music - Turn off iCloud Music Library and then turn it back on.and Turn on “Show Apple Music”

Check other settings:

Settings > Music > Optimize Storage and be sure the option to Optimize Storage is disabled - if you don’t want this 

• Also check if you have enough storage space:

How to check the storage on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch 

apple music downloads disappear randomly on my iPhone 📱 only

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.