Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Ipad air 2 wierd colors everywhere

I was playing a game and all of a sudden the whole screen colors changed

after trying every option turned off like inverted colors/color filters etc its all turned off nothing worked

tryed restarting and also did a full restore deleted whole ipad started over fresh

still same problem i found out when turning on the option reduce white point and put it higher background menu’s en apps showed up looking like it burned into the screen

ipad works normally just the colors are wrong

ill try sending foto’s of how it needs to look and how it is showing now

wierdly enough this last month multiple people reported the same problem when i searched the boards here

iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi

Posted on Sep 7, 2019 4:21 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 7, 2019 4:47 PM

So many others? Where? It's not that common here on this forum, which is after all the largest Apple forum on the planet..

There are a couple things you can try.

1. Reboot your iPad: Press and hold BOTH the power and home buttons at the SAME time (keep holding past the swipe to power off) until the Apple Logo appears.
  2. If that doesn't help, restore your iPad from Backup
  3. Finally, power your iPad off and leave it off for a few days. Sometimes this lets the LCD screen calm down.

If no joy, something has gone amiss, but it's not likely because of an iOS update. If the Apple Store is too far to get to, do you have a Best Buy near you? Best Buy has recently become an authorized Apple Service Provider. Or you can send your iPad to Apple directly for evaluation if you prefer. They'll send you a box to return it to them if you want to go that route.

10 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 7, 2019 4:47 PM in response to maykel64

So many others? Where? It's not that common here on this forum, which is after all the largest Apple forum on the planet..

There are a couple things you can try.

1. Reboot your iPad: Press and hold BOTH the power and home buttons at the SAME time (keep holding past the swipe to power off) until the Apple Logo appears.
  2. If that doesn't help, restore your iPad from Backup
  3. Finally, power your iPad off and leave it off for a few days. Sometimes this lets the LCD screen calm down.

If no joy, something has gone amiss, but it's not likely because of an iOS update. If the Apple Store is too far to get to, do you have a Best Buy near you? Best Buy has recently become an authorized Apple Service Provider. Or you can send your iPad to Apple directly for evaluation if you prefer. They'll send you a box to return it to them if you want to go that route.

Sep 14, 2019 1:00 PM in response to lobsterghost1

Just to warn you all not sure everyone can get this problem but also on my iphone now when turning the option reduce white point to 100% it makes me show my keyboard vissible in de background like it looks burned in

but when i leave another task bar open for 2 min then enable the option is can see the taskbar shining in background

also all other colors of apps on screen seem to be much intenser and brighter

im gonna try calling apple hopefully i can update from there on to you all

Sep 7, 2019 5:00 PM in response to maykel64

There are literally millions and millions of iPads out there. This really doesn't prove anything. If this was a large issue, we'd see hundreds and hundreds of people claiming this issue. Each thread you linked has 1 -3 responses. Hardly indicative of some major issue. But this is academic as I can't tell what happened to your iPad screen. All I can do is , offer advice to help you. Which I have done.

Oct 11, 2019 12:29 PM in response to maykel64

Latest update for everyone who had the same problem with the colors defect of the ipad air 2 after update 12.4....

apple told me it needed a repair screen of chip might been defect

would have costed me some money to fix it without garantee it would work

but i waited till ios 13 came out for ipad

and guess what everything went back to normal

been using my ipad for hour or 2 now still works fine nothing wierd happening

so i still guess it was an update bug that hit just a minor group of ppl

so those with same problem just update to ios 13 now and it instantly will fix it

the only downside ios 13 has is that on iphone and ipads battery drains faster

few ppl around me noticed same issue but i guess that will be fixed soon also with another update

Ipad air 2 wierd colors everywhere

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.