Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPod touch 7th gen black screen, white lines

hey all. i dropped my iPod earlier while watching a video and the screen went red and black at first, then faded into gray and white lines. two thick ones, running from the camera to the home button. then thinner ones beside them, on each side. it's been a few hours and it seems as if they're slowly fading, but i'm wondering what i need to do, or rather, if there is anything i can do.

all i've read is that i need to send it in for repair, or replacement, but that's gotta be my last resort here. is thee absolutely anything i can try? iTunes on my laptop won't recognize it when i plug it in, and i can't turn it off at all.

iPod Touch (6th Gen)

Posted on Sep 8, 2019 7:14 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 11, 2019 12:39 PM

I work in a corporate environment and have around 90 iOS devices of which 50 are iPod Touches. I recently ordered 6 iPod Touch 7th gen devices and they all exhibit this same issue. This is the first time I have seen this type of issue in the 7 years I have worked in this environment. You cannot make the device respond by doing a hard reset. Simply wait several hours and try to charge it and start it up. Of course, this is unacceptable behavior and is a hardware issue. I am contacting Apple to figure out the best course of action.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 11, 2019 12:39 PM in response to Daturaa

I work in a corporate environment and have around 90 iOS devices of which 50 are iPod Touches. I recently ordered 6 iPod Touch 7th gen devices and they all exhibit this same issue. This is the first time I have seen this type of issue in the 7 years I have worked in this environment. You cannot make the device respond by doing a hard reset. Simply wait several hours and try to charge it and start it up. Of course, this is unacceptable behavior and is a hardware issue. I am contacting Apple to figure out the best course of action.

iPod touch 7th gen black screen, white lines

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.