Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't update from High Sierra 10.13.4 to 10.13.6 after going back from Mojave by Time Machine backup

Hi,

I went back to High Sierra from Mojave because I had issues with my audio interface in Mojave.

I had a time machine backup in v 10.13.4.

Now I try to update to 10.13.6 and I'm getting the following error: ERROR_7E7AEE96CA as in the attached picture ...

Does anyone have a clue how to overcome this?

Thank you!

Posted on Sep 8, 2019 7:28 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 8, 2019 7:56 AM

I answered a similar question over a year ago, this is a problem that crops up frequently with no one miracle cure.

In the previous answer I pointed the OP to the High Sierra 10.13.6 Combo updater,

https://support.apple.com/kb/DL1970?viewlocale=en_US&locale=en_US once downloaded double-click to install.

The OP reported back that this installed successfully without the error popping up.

Before doing this I would boot to your Recovery HD (Restart and hold down the Command and R keys)

Once it has booted to your Recovery HD use Disk Utility First Aid to check for disk errors, run until you get the green checkmark.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 8, 2019 7:56 AM in response to SergioAureo

I answered a similar question over a year ago, this is a problem that crops up frequently with no one miracle cure.

In the previous answer I pointed the OP to the High Sierra 10.13.6 Combo updater,

https://support.apple.com/kb/DL1970?viewlocale=en_US&locale=en_US once downloaded double-click to install.

The OP reported back that this installed successfully without the error popping up.

Before doing this I would boot to your Recovery HD (Restart and hold down the Command and R keys)

Once it has booted to your Recovery HD use Disk Utility First Aid to check for disk errors, run until you get the green checkmark.

Can't update from High Sierra 10.13.4 to 10.13.6 after going back from Mojave by Time Machine backup

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.