Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

my airport express no longer extend my network

Posted on Sep 8, 2019 11:25 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 11, 2019 4:31 PM

Thanks, but unfortunately you did not tell us about any troubleshooting steps that you may have already performed. (We don't want to waste your time asking you to do things that you have already done.)

But if you have not already done so, the first basic troubleshooting steps that you would want to perform would be......

Power off the Time Capsule

Power off each AirPort Express

Wait a minute

Power up the Time Capsule and let it run for a few minutes

Then, power up one AirPort Express and check to see if it is working correctly

Then, power up the other AirPort Express and check that device

If you need more help, we still need to know whether you are using AirPort Utility on a Mac or an iPhone / iPad, as we requested above. This will allow us to provide correct instructions for you.

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 11, 2019 4:31 PM in response to richardlw

Thanks, but unfortunately you did not tell us about any troubleshooting steps that you may have already performed. (We don't want to waste your time asking you to do things that you have already done.)

But if you have not already done so, the first basic troubleshooting steps that you would want to perform would be......

Power off the Time Capsule

Power off each AirPort Express

Wait a minute

Power up the Time Capsule and let it run for a few minutes

Then, power up one AirPort Express and check to see if it is working correctly

Then, power up the other AirPort Express and check that device

If you need more help, we still need to know whether you are using AirPort Utility on a Mac or an iPhone / iPad, as we requested above. This will allow us to provide correct instructions for you.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.