Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

i cant access my iphone, says something is wrong when i connect it to iTunes.

I tried updating my iphone with my macbook, during the update something happened where it was interrupted and now it stays on update screen until it dies. ive let it die because i cant do a hard reset and tried to restore through itunes and still nothing. ive updated my mac and itunes and still nothing. is there anything else i can do without having to take it to the apple store?

iPhone 8 Plus

Posted on Sep 8, 2019 3:07 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 8, 2019 3:28 PM

You should be able to force restart, or at least put the device into Recovery Mode. See this for instructions for recovery mode. If your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch won't turn on or is frozen - Apple Support

This about failure to update may also be of help. If you can't update or restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 8, 2019 3:28 PM in response to joey_g93

You should be able to force restart, or at least put the device into Recovery Mode. See this for instructions for recovery mode. If your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch won't turn on or is frozen - Apple Support

This about failure to update may also be of help. If you can't update or restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Sep 8, 2019 3:15 PM in response to joey_g93

You say that is says something is wrong. What is the exact message that you are seeing? What version of iTunes are you using? What version of Mac OS are you using?

You make the comment also that you cannot do a hard reset. Why can you not do that? Is something broken on the device that does not allow you to do it? When you say "hard reset" are you referring to what is now called a force restart? This is how you do a force restart on the iPhone 8.

• iPhone 8 or later: Press and quickly release the Volume Up button. Press and quickly release the Volume Down button. Press and hold the Side button until you see the Apple logo.

Sep 8, 2019 3:24 PM in response to ChrisJ4203

the message says that something went wrong, it didn't have an error code. Im using macOS Mojave, and the latest version of iTunes.

I can't do a forced reset because it is stuck on the updating screen, when its on that screen i just have to wait for my device to die in order to try to connect to iTunes. When it turns back on the "connect to iTunes" screen pops up.

i cant access my iphone, says something is wrong when i connect it to iTunes.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.