Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how to reset apple music

I want to completely reset the Apple Music. Remove history, preferences, likes, etc. And start using it as if for the first time. I manually deleted all the music, but the recommended ones have not changed. I even uninstalled and reinstalled, but that did not help.

What do I need to do to start using the application as a completely new user?

Posted on Sep 8, 2019 10:49 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 8, 2019 11:07 PM

You can’t. The reset option is not available anymore. It was removed a few updates ago.

Only a new subscription on a new Apple ID account could accomplish that, which is not advised, as that will disrupt other uses of the Apple ID account, such as access to previous purchases. Note that this will also need a device that hasn’t been associated in the last 90 days.

Note that it takes some time before Apple Music can give recommendations that you agree on most of the time. It is based on more than your initial genre and artist preferences. Note that the For You personalization is also affected by what you play, and what you love and dislike, in a continuous way. It will get better over time.

Personalize Apple Music - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 8, 2019 11:07 PM in response to Kotovuwka

You can’t. The reset option is not available anymore. It was removed a few updates ago.

Only a new subscription on a new Apple ID account could accomplish that, which is not advised, as that will disrupt other uses of the Apple ID account, such as access to previous purchases. Note that this will also need a device that hasn’t been associated in the last 90 days.

Note that it takes some time before Apple Music can give recommendations that you agree on most of the time. It is based on more than your initial genre and artist preferences. Note that the For You personalization is also affected by what you play, and what you love and dislike, in a continuous way. It will get better over time.

Personalize Apple Music - Apple Support

how to reset apple music

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.