Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I completely turn off the Apple Watch 4 when I’m not wearing it and not charging it?

How do I completely turn off the watch when I’m not wearing it and not charging it ?

I only use my watch when I exercise. I have tried everything to turn it off between those times so I can leave it in my gym bag, but the watch always runs through the battery.

I have tried powering off (sliding to power off) and tried airplane mode and then both. All tries resulted in a drained battery.

Isn’t there any way to truly turn off the watch when not wearing it?

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Apple Watch

Posted on Sep 9, 2019 7:07 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 9, 2019 7:28 AM

Sliding the power off is the correct way to shut down your watch. You shouldn't be having a battery problem with an Apple Watch 4. I suggest you make an appointment with an Apple store Genius Bar......https://www.apple.com/retail/geniusbar/

8 replies

Sep 9, 2019 7:21 AM in response to WashingtonDC

1. Press and hold the side button until you see the Power Off slider.
  2. Drag the Power Off slider.

That will turn the watch off completely. Depending on how long you go between workouts, the battery will still drain some even in the powered off state. I'd suggest you charge it when you come home from the gym, then put it back in the bag.

You're using the watch in a way Apple didn't intend. They expect that it will be worn daily and charged daily.

How do I completely turn off the Apple Watch 4 when I’m not wearing it and not charging it?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.